Use calendly to participate in a 30 minute virtual yoga nidra. Virtual Yoga Nidras are scheduled Tuesday evenings at 7:00 pm, Mountain Standard Time. Yoga Nidra’s booked per session require you to be present at that date and time. You will be emailed a link to attend the zoom event after purchase.
What to bring
Items needed to make the most of your virtual Yoga Nidra experience are:
- mat or furniture on which to lie
- blanket (as your temperature will drop 10 degrees)
- pillow for your head and/or under your knees
- eye pillow/mask to block out light
- earbuds or headphones
- knowledge to connect to a zoom meeting online
- smartphone or tablet that can connect to the internet
If you’re a first time user of Zoom, the place for online meetings/events, then see the video in the video section of this website.
Yoga Nidra Benefits
Yoga Nidra is a series of mindfulness techniques such as deep breathing and visualization techniques that guide you into deep relaxation. As a result of Yoga Nidra, your body’s physiology is re-set while you lay down or sit in a chair. Benefits of Yoga Nidra are a/an:
- decrease in level of cortisol, the stress hormone.
- increase in “feel good” hormones which lower anxiety & depression.
- increase in mental clarity.
- slowing of the aging process.
- improvement in digestion, elimination, and immune response.
- increase in blood flow which impacts brain function
- increase in neurotransmitters that regulate mood and promote cognition.